Version 5.3 Shipping!
The new release is being shipped to all current software maintenance customers at no additional charge. If you have not received your upgrade yet, please contact us.
Some of the new features of DY2000 are:
- Export labor hours to SBT Payroll
- Job Costing for larger projects
- Progress invoicing
- Credit card authorization
- Interface to MapLinx and MS Word
- Dispatch by Skill and/or Territory
- Flat Rate Pricing
- List boxes for all table values
- Improved screen presentation
- Faster processing
- Batch printing of service orders
- Inclusion of a site map on the service order
Latest SBT Versions Supported
Dynamite 2000 is compatible with all current SBT versions including Vision Point, VP2000, Professional Series 2.5 and 3.0i. Dynamite is certified to work with Build 520. Further, DY2000 is compatible with DOS versions of SBT even though it is strictly a Windows product.
If a Dynamite customer wishes to stay in the DOS world, we support versions 6.3, 7, Vision Point, VP2000, and Pro 2.5 and 3.0i. Future enhancements are not planned for the DOS version.
A special welcome is extended to all new Dynamite installations.
Insider's Usage Tip...
While the standard Dynamite features enable the tracking of service orders and their revenue, the enhanced job costing features facilitate the planning and control of major projects.
A $100,000 ventilation/cooling installation bid demands accurate budgeting and planning. One needs to identify all of the components of the project by specifying the equipment, materials, labor, permits, overhead, and profit requirements.
In version 5.3 of DY2000, all you need to do is open a project and add all of the estimated lines just as if it was a regular service order. The system will also print a proposal with extensive text.
As actual charges are incurred, they are added to the project. Three special reports compare actual to estimated charges and profitability. Customer invoices can be created as the project progresses.
To take advantage of the new job costing features, upgrade to version 5.3.
New Home Page Location
South By Southwest now has its own Internet domain: www.southbysouthwest.com. Although its operational, we are actively improving content and presentation. Prospective customers can find out more about our product and existing customers will be able to download software updates. Please mark your browsers with this new address. Also, our new E-Mail address is: admin @southbysouthwest.com.
By the way, our Internet presence has been very beneficial. We have received a great deal of sales leads because of it. If you have a home page and would like a link from ours, please contact us. If you're interested in setting up your own professional-looking page, we can put you in contact with a very capable provider.
Board of Directors expands...
On November 17th, two additional members were added to the South By Southwest Board of Directors. Vodka and Tonic were adopted from the Sheltie Rescue and have promised to cast their votes with whoever gives them the most cookies. So far, Charlene is winning.
Due to increasing sales, our technical support policies need to be clarified.
1. We will continue to provide installation and technical support without charge provided that the customer is running a current version of the system.
2. Support shall be provided to the reseller and, in exceptional cases, directly to the end user.
3. It is preferred that requests for support be sent to our E-Mail address: Support@ southbysouthwest.com or faxed to us at 619/723-6517.
4. Hours of operation are 7:30am to 5:00pm, Pacific Time. Support at other times, including weekends, can be arranged. Further, we can provide better support to resellers at the customer site if notified in advance.
5. Responses to electronic requests are normally made within two hours. If you need immediate support, please continue to contact us at our main number: 619/723-6558.
Effective March 28, 1997, the price for Dynamite 2000 will change. Please refer to the new price sheet for further details.
Upgrades for our DOS version remain the same. Current DOS users are encouraged to upgrade to gain full advantage of the new features while getting ready for the year 2000.
Fox Pro 5.0
Now that SBT has committed to Visual Fox Pro, plans are underway to upgrade Dynamite 2000 to continue our continued compatibility. Completion will be scheduled to coincide with the release of SBT's Professional Series 5.0.